Skip to content
pain in hips
An_258194 posted:
I exercise 4-5 times weekly alternating step aerobics, weights, and zumba usually in the late evenings as that is the only time the classes are offered. Lately at night I wake up with pain in both hips, severe enough so that I don't sleep well. I thought it was the Tempurpedic mattress, that we have had for 3 months, but have the same pain sleeping on other mattresses. The pain radiates down both legs sometimes feeling better by noon. I am 63 and have exercised for 1 1/2 years and am seeing results, but the pain is causing me to rethink how much I should be exercising considering I don't feel rested the next day. There is no pain during or after exercise only when I go to bed and within a few minutes after sleeping on my side the pain begins.

rohvannyn responded:
To start with, I'd try gentle stretching after your workouts, if you don't do it already. Also, try putting a pillow between your knees to support your hip. Sometimes that can really help pinched nerves and such.

brunosbud replied to rohvannyn's response:
Three keys to avoid joint pain as I approach 60.
1. Plant-dominant diet
2. Daily stretching and walking
3. Water, water, then, more water!

Featuring Experts

Rich is an exercise physiologist and certified diabetes educator. He is director of the New York Obesity Research Center Weight Loss Program at St. Lu...More

Helpful Tips

Ab ExercisesExpert
As mentioned in the Losing Belly Fat post, you cannot spot reduce, but you can tighten muscles under excess fat. As a result you could ... More
Was this Helpful?
45 of 59 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.