Working out at home vs a gym?
gopokes2014 posted:
What is everyones thoughts on the pros/cons of working out at home vs going to a gym?

rohvannyn responded:
Joining a gym is nice because you have all the equipment you could need, so it's harder to be bored. You also have incentive to go because you don't want to waste your membership fee. You also can get advice and often can join fun classes. However, it costs money and is more time consuming.

Working out at home is nice because you can work out any time, it's quick and easy, it's free, and you don't have an excuse not to do it because you are already there. However, there is no one to hold you accountable, a limit on expert advice, and it's easy to get bored with your routine. There are some exercises you can't do very well at home, as well.

You can get a great workout either place, it's more about knowing what your goals are and what your own needs are.

kmiller2130 responded:
There are pros and cons for both. Like someone else said there's more equipment at your disposal. Also a lot of people find they are more likely to exercise at the gym because they have the thought in their minds that they are paying for it so they better use it and not waste their money. However the one thing I don't like at a gym is people getting in your business and telling how you should work out. If I want advice from them on what to do I would ask for it. Working out at home is easy and free but some may not be as likely to follow through and because there's no financial loss if they don't. So the point could be argued either way but only you can decide what would work best for you.

bbfc7 replied to kmiller2130's response:
Deciding which one depends on what u like to do. For me I work, have 3 kids and my husband works late. I don't have time to lug my 3 kids to the gym. There are a lot of great workout programs u can do at home that requires very little equipment. I do P90X3 through beachbody and love it. I joined an online challenge group that keep me accountable and motivated. The workout is only 30 minutes so it is easy to get done. Others like the gym b/c there are a lot of machines and some have classes. You just have to decide what u like to do best.