Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Spent the day in the ER
seeit2 posted:
DD's hives went from bad to worse and this morning when she woke her ankles, elbows and hands were swollen and blue. And the hives were all swollen and angry-looking and strung together so they were like one big mass in some places. So we went to the doc again, and she could not figure if it was Lyme disease or an allergic reaction to the amoxycillin. So she sent me to the ER (an hour away in good traffic) and we got some more advice. And a new antibiotic, because they believe it is Lyme disease - even had an infectious disease guy consult. AND they also think she is reacting to one of the meds on top of it. So tomorrow we go to an immunologist/allergist who is supposed to be the best around for another consult and we'll take it from there. DD was a real trooper, we got home around 7pm and that's when she finally fell apart...so...I'll continue the updates to this little saga tomorrow. I am beat.

Deb
Deb (39) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, egg allergy  DS (9 mo) fearless and bottomless, no known allergies

mrswhitecastle responded:
I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. That's just terrible!

I hope the doctors get things figured out quickly and she can start feeling better.

Hang in there -- both of you.
Emily (5 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (3)

LittleTandMe responded:
Oh no I am so sorry! The poor little thing can't catch a break. I hope she recovers quickly.
two year old son with peanut allergy

Mainemommy replied to LittleTandMe's response:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh So sorry. {{{HUGS}}}}
We will have to do more research on getting her a bubble

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I have two young children, one with severe milk allergy, the other with peanut allergy. My DH is gluten-free. Want to come over for di...More

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.