Skip to content
EBFing and Allergies
Mainemommy posted:
Hi Peeps my sister had her baby Tessa 10/3 and she has been a very fussy baby. Eventually the pedi tested her poops and says there is blood in them so she's allergic to something. D Sis is supposed to give up milk soy eggs and nuts ( something else I can't recall). Do you ladies have any product suggestions for bread and a spread (butter)?
I'm trying to get her to join us but she make just lurk for answers any help would be wonderful.

seeit2 responded:
Sunbutter is a wonderful alternative to peanut butter - it is actually preferred around here. It's made from sunflower seeds. As for the bread, if wheat is still on the menu then Stroehmans' Dutch Country 100% WHole Wheat is free of milk,egg and nuts - it has soy oil and lecithin but as I understood it when I did the elim diet, those two items are OK because they are processed to death and don't pose a threat. But she may want to double-check with her doc to be sure.

I did the same diet with DS (gave up wheat, egg, milk, and soy) and ate a ton of produce, oatmeal and rice. I lost 30 pounds in 3 months. But it made a HUGE difference for DS while I nursed him. GL to your sis and the baby.

Oh, and if she is starving for junk food tell her she can still eat Lay's potato chips, tater tots and fries from the frozen food section, and skittles if she needs something sweet. :)
Deb (39) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, egg allergy DS (9 mo) fearless and bottomless, no known allergies

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Debbie and I have moderate/severe asthma. I also have allergies including food allergies that trigger my asthma. I am married to the most a...More

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.