Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

The other F word
    Mainemommy posted:
    Well Where in Tessa is better my sister has gone back to the pedi about her crying. He did not recommend a trip to an allergist she's 7 weeks and apprently it doesn't occur to my Phi Beta Kappa sister to request one. Hydrosalate formula is very expensive what if the babe is allergic to corn? Does anyone have ANY experience w formula? How many cans do you use a month?

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
    Is Tessa doing better?

My pedi thought he could handle our allergy issue. I did just say, finally, that I wanted to see an allergist. I'm so glad I did!

Both of my girls were on formula. I'm not sure what Hydrosalate formula is. I know that we had to buy super expensive formula for Elizabeth for 3-4 months. We had to buy Nutramigen. I calculated we were spending about $13 per DAY for formula. It gets expensive!
    Emily (5 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (3)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Dairy-free, Egg-free sugar cookies
    From "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau 1-3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.