Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tessa
Mainemommy posted:
Ok i'll try again. My sister tried feeding Tessa formula and she wasn't having it also Salena said it felt "wrong" She has also taken out wheat from her diet. They did do the blood RasH testing but all 20 came back negative maybe its something else making blood in her stools

seeit2 responded:
So is she nursing her? Milk could make blood in the stool but it would take 2-3 weeks to get it all out of your sister's system if she is nursing. How old is Tessa? (beautiful name, btw) I think those tests are inconclusive when they are really young - we've been told all sorts of crap via allergy testing for DS, it changed depending on how old he was. Very frustrating.

If taking out wheat helps then I'd have her tested for celiac.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
Emily's blood test came back negative for cashews after she had her reaction. She is, obviously, allergic to cashews! Our allergist explained that sometimes after having a reaction, it can make the blood tests be incorrect. To have a more acurate blood test, you should wait for awhile (weeks) after the reaction. I know that isn't helpful in this situation, though.

I hope they can figure something out that works for baby Tessa.
Emily (5 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (3)

Mainemommy replied to MrsWhiteCastle's response:
thanks Tessa was born 10/3/10

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Debbie and I have moderate/severe asthma. I also have allergies including food allergies that trigger my asthma. I am married to the most a...More

Helpful Tips

Dairy-free, Egg-free sugar cookies
From "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau 1-3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.