Skip to content
Blood draw tomorrow
seeit2 posted:
I've got to get blood draws for both of my kids tomorrow morning. WTH was I thinking scheduling both at once? Anyway, once we get numbers back for their allergens we can decide whether to do a food challenge or not, especially for DS' peanut allergy. I don't hold much hope for DD but it will be good to see where her numbers are at compared to last year.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy,  DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
I'll be thinking of you! Hopefully you will get someone good at drawing blood, and it will go quickly for all 3 of you.

Please let us know how it goes. I'm crossing my fingers for good numbers!
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 replied to MrsWhiteCastle's response:
It went fine. Kinda scary how good my DD is at getting her blood drawn, Last time she complained that her "blood hurts" for days afterward - I wonder if she will this time too lol
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

MrsWhiteCastle replied to seeit2's response:
I hope Lily's blood is doing OK today. :)

How long do you have to wait to get the results?
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 replied to MrsWhiteCastle's response:
The results will probably be at the doc's office by the end of the week, but they may not get around to calling me until the following week. I have a phone conf set up for early May to talk about where to go from here - my doc is really far away. I had to get the draw done last week because we will be traveling until the last week of the month and I needed time for results to come in...things are so hectic right now!

Lily is not complaining about a thing. No blood pain this time around lol.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.