Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nightshade Allergies
Row99 posted:
My daughter has nightshade allergies... I have not been able to find much information on this type of allergy or any type of support group for children with this type of allergy. Any help would be appreciated!

deluxehd responded:
Hi Row99,

I recently had food allergy testing. On the lab order form it listed: Night Shade Family - bell pepper, cayenne pepper, egg plant, melon pear, potato (white) and tomato.

Hopefully this helps. I also hope that someone else has more info for you.

Take care, Debbie.
Adult with food allergies and asthma.

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
I'm sorry I don't have any more information for you. Have you talked with your daughter's allergist?

I want to welcome you to the board! There are some different allergies here, so I hope you will stay with us.
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

Debnonightshades responded:
Hi Row, I am 47 yrs old and have just discovered that I am allergic to the nightshade family of foods. The better thing is that I have has my symptems since I can remember , Like back to the age of 5. Myallergy shows Only on my Hands in the form of severe dermatitis. I have been to diffrent Drs all my life and never once did anyone say it could be a food allergy. So I guess you' are lucky that you know what the allergy is.
I Can not eat ot touch raw or cooked Tomatoes, white potatoes, peppers of any kind, including spices, (chili,Paprika, cayenne, ect)Eggplant,and I can not touch petunias. I hope your daughter adjusts ok to her dietary changes. There is a newsletter for arthritis/ no nightshade. ? something like that. Google it. Very intersting info.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I have two young children, one with severe milk allergy, the other with peanut allergy. My DH is gluten-free. Want to come over for di...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.