Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Chose the school and house
seeit2 posted:
Our offer was accepted on a house that is 4 doors down from the Elem school I loved. Yay! It still has time to tank but this would really be the ideal situation for us. Even the approach to education at this school is developmentally appropriate. SO much better than one of the others I saw...so, we send on the IEP for DD's speech issues, and when we get there we'll have two meetings at once- one to write the IEP, and one to write the health plan and make sure everything we need done is covered. I came out and told them I'd be on them like white on rice until I felt that everything was in place and DD was safe, and they seemed totally cool with that. So I'm feeling pretty good about the whole thing.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy,  DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
That's great! I'm glad you posted, I was wondering if you had decided yet.

4 doors away from the Elementary school sounds ideal! You won't have to worry about busses, and you'll be so close to her. Plus, you'll have a nice playground close by in the Summer. Is Kindergarten full day or half day?

Do you have a house you have to worry about selling first? Hopefully your family won't have to be split up too much longer.
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 replied to MrsWhiteCastle's response:
No, we are renting now, which sucked but has turned into a really good thing in the end. THe housing market is soooo different in Texas vs. the DC area where I am now. We really had our pick of things in our price range (which was pretty low lol). Kinder is full day, which seems like a hella long time for a 5 yr old to be anywhere, but I know everyone else's kids are doing it so mine must be able to also, right?

How are things with you? Is DD feeling better now?
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

MrsWhiteCastle replied to seeit2's response:
Not EVERYONE else's kids are doing it, Emily only goes half days. They are starting to change to full days around here, I'm just hoping that we can get Elizabeth through with half day. Then they can do whatever they want.

Next year, we'll both be dealing with DDs going to school full-time for the first time. At least we'll be able to freak out together!

Emily is doing better. We tried dance class this morning, but I pulled her out about half-way through. She was just coughing too much. As long as she isn't doing anything strenuous, she doesn't cough too much. I guess the dance was just too much for her lungs yet. School went fine, though. Phew!
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.