Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
microwave popcorn allergies
Deanna13032 posted:
Everytime someone at work makes microwave popcorn it sends my sinus into orbit..i get a headache & pressure...sometimes it makes me nauseous..Anyone else have this problem & know what could cause this?

seeit2 responded:
I've never had this problem but I know there are lots of chemical in those things...is there anything else that causes the same reaction for you? If so you might compare labels and see what they have in common, might help narrow it down for you.

Deb
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Fibro90 responded:
Yes Im actually allergic to the smell of popping popcorn. Some how I can eat it but if I smell it popping my head just explodes with pain and it causes me to stop breathing. If you get the headache you are probably allergic to it. You need to go get tested for an allergy to corn and if you are take it to your boss and let them know.

P.s. burnt popcorn causes the symptoms to be even worse so be careful

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I have two young children, one with severe milk allergy, the other with peanut allergy. My DH is gluten-free. Want to come over for di...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.