Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Horseradish allergy?
Debbie2580 posted:
I have food allergies of corn products and peanut. My husband and I went out to dinner. I was very careful eating things I only had eaten before except for fresh horseradish sauce that was prepared. The next morning I woke up with swelling under my eyes and it is pretty bad. After two days it has gone down little. Does anyone know if this is common and if their is a way to reduce the swelling quickly? My son graduates from college in a few days and I would like to look like myself again for his special day.
Thank you

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
Have you contacted your allergist? What did (s)he suggest?

In the meantime, I would try Benadryl for the swelling.

I might also contact the restaurant to see what was in the horseradish sauce.

HTH!
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

heather7257 responded:
I know that horseradish sauce has eggs in it often, any egg allergies? I think I have heard that hemroid cream can help swelling under the eyes. Isn't that what the models use?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I have two young children, one with severe milk allergy, the other with peanut allergy. My DH is gluten-free. Want to come over for di...More

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.