Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Allergist Appt Tomorrow
MrsWhiteCastle posted:
Well, I finally couldn't take it anymore, so I broke down and called the allergist. Emily has an appointment tomorrow. The nurse said they wanted to test her lung function. Does anyone know how they do that?
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts)  Elizabeth (4)

KityKatK8 responded:
I would think it is with one of those peak-flow meter things. The plastic tubes that you blow into. That is what DH's allergist has done.
DH: peanut, tree nuts, coconuts, fish

seeit2 responded:
GL! Let us know how it goes.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
The appointment went OK. The good news is that her lungs were functioning normally, and it doesn't sound like she has asthma. Phew! DH had it pretty bad as a kid, and I was getting worried she was developing it.

The allergist isn't sure it is strictly allergies. She thinks the pnuemonia is still playing into her cough. So, she prescribed some more medicine, and an inhaler to use as needed. She wants to see her in 3 months. That worked anyway, because we were to see her in 3 months for her annual appointment. The allergist will do skin testing then, and if things don't improve enough, we will discuss things to change here at home -- get rid of carpet, dogs, etc.

I'm crossing my fingers that these meds do the trick for her. It's so embarassing to take her anywhere, people stare at her because she coughs so much! I was in line at Kohl's this week, and the people behind me got out of line because she was coughing. When we go into a doctor's office, the receptionist always comments on her cough, and I'm like that's why we are here!!!!!
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 replied to MrsWhiteCastle's response:
I'm glad to hear it's not asthma. Hopefully she is still recovering and will clear it in time.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.