Skip to content
breastfeeding and possible dairy/ soy allegies
moandb posted:
my bf ds has had blood in the stool and my pedi reccomended a dairy and soy elimination diet. will packaged foods consistently list dairy and soy allegens or is it all reading ingredient detective work?
can anyone share their similar experience?
thanks,
mo

seeit2 responded:
Welcome to the board. Packaged foods will consistently list these ingredients but there can be many things to look for on a label. THis is a great resource from the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network that lists common ingredient names:

https://www.foodallergy.org/files/media/downloads/
HTRLsheet2010.pdf

FAAN is just a good site to look through all around for food allergy info. GL to your friend, and let her know there are a few of us who have done such elimination diets and she's welcome to come for support or advice.

Deb
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

moandb responded:
sorry, bf=breast fed. Oops, i'm not a talented texter. so... the mom in question is me. thanks and so happy to find this group.
mo

seeit2 replied to moandb's response:
LOL welcome and thanks for "coming out"...I did an elimination diet for soy, milk, wheat and egg when I bf'd my DS. It was tough for sure. I ate a lot of produce! I would double-check with your doc about what oils you can eat, sometimes people are able to eat soybean oil and soy lecithin even if they are avoiding soy. That will open up a lot of food for you if you can include those things. Milk hides in a lot of food so read those labels carefully and don't assume anything. GL and I hope you get some answers.

Deb
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

MrsWhiteCastle replied to moandb's response:
Sorry I can't help. I just wanted to welcome you to the board! I'm glad you found us, too. It's so nice to have people to talk to that really understand what you are going through.
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Debbie and I have moderate/severe asthma. I also have allergies including food allergies that trigger my asthma. I am married to the most a...More

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.