Skip to content
Recital Update
MrsWhiteCastle posted:
I realized I only tend to post here when I have problems or issues, and that isn't fair to the board. So, I am going to give a POSITIVE update. :)

The recital went really, really well. It was so much more organized and controlled than I thought (feared) it would be. My Mom stayed in the back room with me since I had the girls in different classes/dances. It worked well.

The mom in charge of Emily's group did bring snack crackers. I was out of the room with Elizabeth, so my mom had her eye on Emily. Before the other Mom offered any food, she asked if anyone had allergies. Good old Emily's hand shot right up. My mom was able to look at the label, and everything was fine. When I got back to the room, I ended up talking with the mom in charge. Turns out, she has an older daughter with some very severe food allergies, too.

Of course, I can't give an update without mentioning how adorable both girls were in their costumes! Their dances were so cute, too. I will defintely be signing them up again next year. Emily was nervous all week before the recital, but now she can't wait for next year's!
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts)  Elizabeth (4)

deluxehd responded:
That is great news! Glad to hear all went well and your daughter enjoyed it.

I believe we all tend to post when things are bad or looking for help.

My Mom started me in dance when I was 3 yrs old, I loved it. I stayed with it until 14 yrs old. Good memories and fun times.

Thanks for sharing.
Debbie
Adult with food allergies and asthma.

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.