Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
OT: It is NEVER dull, is it?
seeit2 posted:
OK so if you don't know yet I moved to Texas recently. We found out yesterday that our new house (new to us of course) has leaky windows. And I don't mean a little dampness - we had torrential rains the last two nights and the water was literally streaming through the seams of the windows and puddling on the floor, around and into all of the boxes I have not unpacked, the new carpet..its a mess. DH and I spent the last hour plugging windows with towels and trying to sop it up, while the huge fans from ServPro are just blowing it all over the room...such good times. At one point we just looked up and laughed, there just isn't anything we can do but call the home insurance guy in the morning, right?

Hope you all are safe and dry.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy,  DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle responded:
Oh man! What rotten timing! Did you get a home warranty with the purchase of the house? Would that cover this sort of damage? Yikes. What a mess! And windows are expensive to replace. Not to mention drywall and carpet....

I'll share our latest house "disaster." We have a retaining wall in the back, and our deck's support beams are within the area the wall supports. Well, the wall has failed. I think all the rain we have had this season has made it much worse. We have to replace the wall, fence, and patio. Hopefully, the deck won't go when they do all the work. We are looking at upwards of $20 grand to get it all done, not including the deck if it does go. Yuck.

Who said that home ownership was a good investment????
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
yeeks, yeah, that's a big bill! We are drying out now and discovering where the mold might grow and where insulation is wet and what is actually salvageable. It's going to be an interesting summer!

Can you fudge it and just replace the wall, and do the rest when you can? Or is it really dangerous?
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Debbie and I have moderate/severe asthma. I also have allergies including food allergies that trigger my asthma. I am married to the most a...More

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.