Skip to content
OT: Now the A/C is broken
seeit2 posted:
Well, we have 7 industrial drying fans, 2 huge dehumidifiers and one air cleaner running in my house right now. I can't hear myself think. The fans are blowing out the air in the crawlspace between the first and second floor (through a big hole in the ceiling) to dry it out and stop any mold from growing. They are also drying wall space in three separate rooms and dehumidifying (sp?) to keep water (and vapor) from ruining the rest of the house. All of the hot air blowing around blew out the A/C sometime last night. ANd it's going to be 99* here today.

I am a woman with a good sense of humor, but I gotta admit this one is pushing me to the edge. I think DH wondered if anyone would be here when he got home from work today. ;( My only consolation is that, since we just moved in and have not had much time to unpack, none of my belongings have been ruined by water - we just shoved the boxes out of the wet spots. But this house is not a fun place to be right now, especially with 2 kids under the age of 5.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy,  DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle responded:
Oh man! When it rains, it pours!

At age 1, I'd have gone crazy trying to keep DDs away from the fans, etc.

Is there anywhere you can go to get away from the noise and heat?
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Yup - we went to the Y. I love the Y. They have air conditioning, exercise equipment, childcare, and a pool. What more do you need? Spent the afternoon playing in the pool and when we got home the house was a bit cooler - AC guy came this afternoon and fixed it but it is still battling all the other equipment.

Eli is funny, when he gets too hot he goes and stands in front of one of those fans - it practically blows him over but it seems to make him feel better.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle replied to seeit2's response:
How is it going? Is everything dried out now?
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Yup. THe insurance guy came yesterday so they'll pick and choose what they will cover and let us know. We are going to do a little demo of our own to get a look behind the wall upstairs and make sure there is no structural damage - we know the house sat empty for awhile before we bought it (that's why it was so cheap lol) so we are assuming this has gone on for a while now.

Thanks for asking.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.