Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
food allergies
bink78 posted:
We just found out my son has allergies to dairy, corn, eggs, wheat and rice. I'm just looking for suggestions on what he can eat. Because just about everything has those things in it.

seeit2 responded:
Welcome to the board. You do have a tough road to follow with those. There are recipes under the "tips" section for various things that are free of many of the things on your list - you will probably have to learn to make substitutions for the rest. Here is a great link to help make some substitutions when cooking yourself:

http://www.livingwithout.com/resources/substitutions.html

this thread has some dairy-free items that may or may not also be free of the other things you have to avoid:

http://forums.webmd.com/3/food-allergy-families/forum/185?@guest@

I would also just search around the tips and resources links on this board for other great ideas posted by our members. Hopefully some other posters can help with some corn or rice ideas. There is also a celiac board on WebMD that might have some good advice about avoiding wheat, since that is a component of the gluten-free diet.

Deb
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

bink78 replied to seeit2's response:
Thanks for your help!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.