Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Vacation
MrsWhiteCastle posted:
We are getting ready to go on vacation. I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment trying to get everything squared away. We are going to be gone about a week and a half, so that's a lot of packing. Emily's medical bracelets came today, so I'm glad we will have those before we leave.

We are going on a cruise. The girls are SO excited. Since tree nuts are relatively easy to avoid, I'm not too worried about the food. We won't let her eat/drink anything on the islands. There is medical staff on board, so it's comforting to know there is a doctor and facilities right there, just in case something were to happen. Not to mention the 4 EpiPens we will be bringing along with us. :)

The sad thing is that when we get back, there will only be one full week before school starts again. Where did this Summer go????
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts)  Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 responded:
Yay, a cruise! How fun! That is so awesome and sounds like such a great vacation for parents and kids.

You are right, summer is flying by. Seems like school starts mighty early though, huh? Where I grew up, it never started until after Labor day - but we went until the end of June, which was the worst.

Have a great time!
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I have two young children, one with severe milk allergy, the other with peanut allergy. My DH is gluten-free. Want to come over for di...More

Helpful Tips

Dairy-free, Egg-free sugar cookies
From "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau 1-3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.