Skip to content
mystery reactions at home
seeit2 posted:
DD keeps getting major break-outs from some exposure here at home and I can't figure out where it's coming from. I am so frustrated. I am cleaning everything I can think of but she keeps breaking out, and I think the heat in the house (the AC is out again) is aggravating the situation. (She is sweaty and rubbing her skin which is spreading the contact I think). It's too hot for this shtuff. I've asked DH to take the kids out tonight so I can just scrub down the whole kitchen and playroom to see if I can get rid of it. If that doesn't work then toys are going into quarantine.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy,  DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
Oh my! You have been having a terrible time with your A/C! Hopefully it will get fixed for good soon. Or, it will be Fall, and you won't need the A/C. Although, does it ever get cool in Texas?????

Is Lily still eating the bread with the baked-in milk? Do you think that could be it?

I guess I'd try throwing all the toys in the dishwasher or washing machine. What a nightmare having to go through all of them, though. Ugh.
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 replied to MrsWhiteCastle's response:
I put a bunch in the dishwasher and wiped down the rest. Frankly, we should replace the AC but we are too cheap. We have a home warranty and that is paying for all of the service calls and replacement parts - so we are letting it get fixed for free while we save for a new one. We just have to put up with their schedule, which is not always easy. DH's co-workers have been calling him Ebeneezer lol.

No more bread with milk. Mommy can't stand the stress. :)
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.