Skip to content
J9ween
mrswhitecastle posted:
If I remember correctly, you have an allergist appointment coming up soon. I hope it goes well!

Please let us know how it goes/went!
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts)  Elizabeth (4)

j9ween3 responded:
you have such a good memory. It was this morning. We went over her history & the doc decided on the skin scratch test. She came back positive for egg whites & yolks & cherries. Game plan for now is avoid cherries & eggs unless they are baked in something. She goes back in 6 months for a follow up. She was also tested for a few other things that came back negative
Janine Tyler -6, Bella -4, and Giana -15 months born 8 weeks early

seeit2 replied to j9ween3's response:
Wow MrsW that is good! j9 - thanks for the update, I'm glad you did not end up with a long list of allergens, though I'm sorry to hear you had any positives. I can give you tons of baking tips for living without egg, or you can also take a look at some of our tips and resources here on the board.

Oh and FAAN has a good link about egg allergies, you should know that if an ingredient list contains "albumin" that can be egg whites.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle replied to j9ween3's response:
Well, it seems like you always get good and bad news at an allergy appointment.

Yay - she isn't allergic to anything else!

Boo - she has to avoid eggs and cherries.

How did she do with the skin scratch test? Did it bother her much?

After our first allergy appointment, I was completely overwhelmed, and had tons of conflicting emotions. How are you doing?
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

j9ween3 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
ugh WebMD ate my first post.

Since she can still have pancakes, cookies, cakes, etc I'm really OK with the diagnosis. I know it could be much worse than it is. I forgot to ask though if she can touch eggs, as in dying them, have a flu shot & when she would be tested again since he said it's possible for her to outgrow this.

She did amazingly. No tears, no screaming, nothing! The doc kept commenting on well behaved the three of them were since we were there for 2 hours
Janine Tyler -6, Bella -4, and Giana -15 months born 8 weeks early

crunk05177 replied to j9ween3's response:
My son is allergic to eggs also. When easter came around I was also concerned about him dying eggs. The doc suggested I boil them individually and the ones that crack and leak out liquid don't use....get new water and start again. It took time, I had 4 pots going at once to make it quicker but it worked out. He was able to successfully dye the eggs without any reactions!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Debbie and I have moderate/severe asthma. I also have allergies including food allergies that trigger my asthma. I am married to the most a...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.