Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rude pharmacist - can't believe it
seeit2 posted:
I had to go get LIly some meds yesterday after a very long and late doc appt. THe stuff they gave us was flavored with butterscotch. (I know, ew, right?) I typically don't obsess over every little ingredient in things like this but usually we get cherry or fruity flavor - never heard of butterscotch - and we've had trouble in the past with butterscotch flavors in other things, so I asked the pharmacist if I could check the label for milk. Know what she did? She picked up the bottle, took the lid off, sniffed it, and said "You should be fine". Then continued to lecture me on how to measure a teaspoon. I wanted to choke the woman. I told her I didn't want a guess, I wanted the ingredient list right now, and she went and dug up the bottle. Can you believe that? I'm still so pissed I'm considering writing a letter to the store complaining about her. So rude.

Then my poor baby barfed all the way home form the store. Can't imagine how bad it would have been if there had been any milk in that junk. I know the chances were slim, but still...it just left me shaking my head.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy,  DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

crunk05177 responded:
Wow!! How rude!?? Are you sure it was the pharmacist and not a pharmacy tech? I used to be a tech and to be honest didn't have much medical knowledge but I also wouldn't treat a customer like that!

seeit2 replied to crunk05177's response:
No, I asked specifically for the pharm for a consult. Of course they could have sent a tech over anyway - I have to go back there today (last time probably) so I'm going to double check. ANd get that woman's name.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle responded:
Seriously?!! She smelled it to see if it was fine? That's terrible. She should know better.

That's not just rude -- it's downright dangerous.
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Debbie and I have moderate/severe asthma. I also have allergies including food allergies that trigger my asthma. I am married to the most a...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.