Skip to content
Granola Bars
mrswhitecastle posted:
This is one of those times I'm glad I have this board to post on. No one else would understand how excited I am!

I finally found granola bars that don't have tree nuts! Yay! I have looked for YEARS (probably since Emily was diagnosed at 3), and never been able to find them. Until now.

YAY!
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 responded:
HA that's fantastic! I had to find ones that were peanut and milk free, and Enjoy Life bars are just so nasty that no one would eat them. (I hope those aren't the ones you found lol!) We finally settled on Kashi TLC cereal bars. They completely crumble when you eat them but so far the kids don't seem to mind the taste. I have a recipe for homemade cereal bars that use jelly or jams but I think they are so sweet - even when I use no-sugar varieties - that I don't make them all the time. Maybe I'll try those with real fruit and see how it turns out.

Anyway! (sorry, rambling...) what kind did you find? Share!

Deb
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle replied to seeit2's response:
Well, they are Quaker ones, so they should be pretty good. I'm ordering them through the internet (it's for a fundraiser at school), and they must be packaged differently than the ones at the store. It has chocolate chip, peanut butter chocolate chip, and smores. All my favorites! Probably not really that good for you, but better than a candy bar.

mrswhitecastle replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Update: They are NOT tree nut free. Clearly labeled on the packaged that they may contain tree nuts.

I think I'm just going to research some good recipes. They will be healthier, anyway. Now that the weather is cooling down, I love to bake/cook anyway. It'll be better than researching a good new cake recipe.

seeit2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Let us know what you find! I love to bake too but you're right, not such a hot-weather hobby.

I think I'll start messing with my existing recipe and see if I can tone down the sugar content and still make it edible. My kids are tired of the Kashi bars already - they are SOOOO dry.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

kloc2006 responded:
My son is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. We eat the Cascadian Farms Chocolate Chip chewy granola bars. Like you, I was very excited to find a granola bar my son could eat!
They are a little hard to find. I have found them at Ralph's, Albertsons, and luckily, my Target recently started carrying them.

--Kelly
~Tommy (5-allergic to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, cats, dust)
~Cara (2)

mrswhitecastle replied to kloc2006's response:
Thanks so much for the tip!

I'll have to hunt them down around here.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Dairy-free, Egg-free sugar cookies
From "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau 1-3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.