Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Deb
mrswhitecastle posted:
I thought it was so cute when I read on 4/5 how Lily calls the nurse her allergist. How funny!

It sounds like Lily is adjusting well to the new school.
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 responded:
Yes, she loves it. It took me a minute the first time she said "I saw my allergist today!" to figure out who she meant, it was too funny!

We'll know more at the end of the month but I think she will not qualify for speech services, which is fantastic - that means she is actually talking to people and participating in her education instead of hiding under tables or covering her ears like she did last year.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle replied to seeit2's response:
That's great news about the speech services! It sounds like this school is a really good fit for her. With the stress of the move and everything, I bet that's a big relief for you.

Look out, though. In a few more months you may have the same problem as we do with Emily -- teaching her NOT to talk all the time.

seeit2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
That's what's so funny about it - at home, she never shuts up.
My biggest problem right now is convincing her to stop playing with her friends during lunch nd actually eat something - apparently they like to spend their time trying to "train" bananas lol. So she comes home and she's a total bear because she's so hungry.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle replied to seeit2's response:
We have issues eating lunch, too.

I know I have food issues, and I'm trying really, really hard to not pass them on to DDs. (Eat fast, eat anything, finish all your food, etc.) But it's hard when she ends up with a drink and a few bites of something for lunch. I've seen a lot of improvement this week, though.

Hmmm.... training bananas. And I thought using their food to make funny faces was odd.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I have two young children, one with severe milk allergy, the other with peanut allergy. My DH is gluten-free. Want to come over for di...More

Helpful Tips

Recipe: Vegan fruity oatmeal bars
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar * 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour * 1/4 tsp baking soda * 1/8 tsp salt * 1 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.