Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Upcoming Allergy Appt
MrsWhiteCastle posted:
Emily has an allergy appointment coming up in about a week and a half. She is going to be skin tested again. It's been 2 years since she had any testing done. I'm curious to see if anything has changed food-wise.

I'm pretty sure some environmental allergies have gotten worse. Last Spring, when she was had pneumonia, she had a terrbile cough/sneeze. I was hoping it was because she was still recovering, but she has started doing it again. Her teacher has been having to send her out to get drinks. I'm afraid we are going to have to experiment with some different allergy medications again.

If we weren't doing such a big backyard project, I'd be using this as a good excuse to put hardwoods throughout the whole house. Oh well, a girl can dream.
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 responded:
I hear ya, I would love to replace all of the carpeting in this house with Pergo and be done with it. I have horrible dust and outdoor environmental allergies and I swear carpet just traps that stuff.

Glad to hear she will get re-tested, I think that is a good idea every now and then just to see where you stand. Are tree nut allergies commonly outgrown, or do they tend to stick around?
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

MrsWhiteCastle replied to seeit2's response:
Tree nuts can be outgrown. 2 years ago, the allergist didn't seem optimistic that it would happen for Emily. We will see what she says tomorrow.

Thanks for the honey suggestion in the other post. I hadn't even thought about that.

I'm excited and nervous about tomorrow. I can't wait for it to get here. I've been counting down the days. I'm afraid that I have my hopes up, even though I know I shouldn't. Am I the only one who gets excited before an appointment?
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

Helpful Tips

Recipe: Vegan fruity oatmeal bars
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar * 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour * 1/4 tsp baking soda * 1/8 tsp salt * 1 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.