Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Doing better, feeling great and adding foods back into my diet!
deluxehd posted:
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I have posted. Some of you may remember me and my story. I developed severe asthma/allergies 3+ yrs ago and have been struggling for good control. I also had problems with foods triggering my asthma.

I saw a tv show on MTV called "I'm Allergic to Everything" that featured a young lady with idiopathic anaphylaxis from food/additives. She chose alternative medicine and I decided to give it a try. I also know that it may not be for everyone and all may not agree, but it has made of world of difference for me!

Treatment involves: laser treatment to desensitize me to my food/enviroment allergen/sensitivities, chiropractic, acupuncture and kinesiology. I have not used any medications (rescue/maintenance) since August 9, 2011. I have started to add foods back into my diet with great success. I have not felt this good in over 3 yrs. I was able to attend two parties over this past weekend with not problems.

I don't know if it is appropriate to post the dr's name or facility, so if anyone would like more information please e-mail me @ debneric@ptd.net .

I wanted to share my excitement and if I can help 1 person by posting this, it is well worth it.
Debbie
Adult with food allergies and asthma.

seeit2 responded:
That is such great news, Debbie! I'm so glad to hear you are doing well! Thanks for posting your story and reaching out.

Deb
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

deluxehd replied to seeit2's response:
Thank you Deb. It is so good to feel like myself and be able to function more normally.

Hope all is well with you and your family.

Debbie

mrswhitecastle responded:
Wow! That is great! Thanks for sharing. It's nice to read about some good stories.

IMO, whatever works for you is the best treatment. There seem to be so many unknowns when it comes to allergies and their treatment. I'm so glad to hear that you found something that is working so well for you.
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

deluxehd replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Thank you MrsWhiteCastle.

It is great to be feeling like myself!

Hope things are going well with Emily.

Helpful Tips

Dairy-free, Egg-free sugar cookies
From "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau 1-3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.