Skip to content
Allergy Appt Update
mrswhitecastle posted:
Well, it went bad, and then some more bad. I know, I know, I know, it could be worse. But right now, I just feel like I've been punched in the gut. I'm sure tomorrow I'll feel better. Right now, though, I'm just overwhelmed and feeling pretty down about the whole thing.

The test itself was worse than any of the others. Emily got 36 pricks, and screamed for all of them. Before, they didn't seem to bother her. I don't know what the difference was this time.

EVERY.SINGLE.THING they tested for was positive. Except for pecans. I'm sure she'll end up allergic to them at some point, too.

We have new prescriptions and doses for meds. The allergist said that if it doesn't work, we are looking at allergy shots. Lovely.

I guess the one good thing is that she probably won't ever have to be skin tested again. Ha. Some good news, eh? "Your child has such a high propensity for allergies, that everything we test for will probably be positive." Gee, great.

Sorry, like I said, I'm feeling kind of sorry for myself. Not so much for myself, but for Emily. I'm sure I'll be in a better frame of mind tomorrow. You know how it is, though, when you get some not-so-good-news. Just feeling pretty bummed. I think a nice glass of wine before bed is in order for tonight.
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

mrswhitecastle responded:
Vent continued.....

If I have one more family member tell me, "Well, at least it's not XYZ..." I'm going to punch someone/something. I don't want to hear about what you, or someone you know, had as a child that was 10 times worse.

At least not today. Maybe tomorrow or next week. But not today.

Now, where is my wine. Or chocolate cake. Or maybe both.

crunk05177 responded:
Oh no! I am so sorry!!! ((HUGS)) to you and Emily

seeit2 responded:
Ah, man, I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor Emily. You must be feeling so overwhelmed. {{{HUGS}} to you both.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Thanks everyone. I think I've finally come back from that dark place I was in. I think reality just hit that she will never outgrow her tree nut allergy, and that her allergies are likely to get worse.

The good news is we have a plan, and there are treatments to help her. No more venting for awhile, I promise.

seeit2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Vent away. That's why we are here.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Helpful Tips

Dairy-free, Egg-free sugar cookies
From "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau 1-3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.