Skip to content
Peanuts on the playground
crunk05177 posted:
It erks me when parents let there kids eat food on playground equipment. Who knows what kids are allergic to what? And obviously the fact that my kid is allergic to peanuts. A McDonalds by my house has a huge indoor playground which we go to quite often especially during bad weather. A little boy was walking around the playground eating his kid's cup of icecream that he topped with nuts. It was dripping EVERYWHERE!!! I nicely picked up my son and told the mother that I didn't want to be annoying but my son is severely allergic to peanuts. She apologized and made him sit at the table. I cleaned it up and my friend wiped the floor with a baby wipe. Later she was asking me questions about it but she had no problem with removing him (even though he shouldn't have been dripping food all over the play area to begin with). Then as we were leaving, the workers were cleaning out that trash cans and there were nuts ALL over the floor near the cans. Thank god my friend warned me and I picked him up so he wouldn't step on them. Everything turned out fine but it could have been a disaster!

mrswhitecastle responded:
I know, me too.

Oh, and why did you guys have to clean up the mess? The boy made the mess, his mother should have been the one to clean up after him. That would have irked me.

I just can't believe how much food is used in place of what it should be -- fuel for our bodies. It's used to fight boredom, to bribe children, to celebrate, etc. Why is it food must be incorporated into every activity?
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.