Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
egg allergies & flu shots
j9ween3 posted:
if your kid has an egg allergy but can eat foods with eggs in it, just not straight up eggs do you get them a flu shot?
Janine
Tyler -6, Bella -4, and Giana -15 months born 8 weeks early

seeit2 responded:
I would ask your allergist. We never gave Lily flu shots but she could not eat egg at all - don't know about the baked-in thing. I *think* the virus used in the vaccine is incubated in raw egg, so that would be the question - but definitely let us know what the doc says.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

AidenandAvaMom replied to seeit2's response:
Both my kids are allergic to eggs ( never ate them at all )and for the first time this year they both got the flu shot .. They had no reaction. Each year prior they both got the flu. Hoping this year because of the shot the will be healthy

AidenandAvaMom responded:
Both my kids are allergic to eggs ( never ate them at all )and for the first time this year they both got the flu shot .. They had no reaction. Each year prior they both got the flu. Hoping this year because of the shot the will be healthy

j9ween3 replied to AidenandAvaMom's response:
I still need to call the allergist to discuss
Janine
Tyler -6, Bella -4, and Giana -15 months born 8 weeks early

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.