Skip to content
GF brownies at Subway
seeit2 posted:
DH brought home a GF brownie from Subway the other day - it was also milk-free so it was safe for DD - and we all had a bite. It was pretty tasty! DD sucked the thing down, which is funny because she's not really a fan of chocolate-y baked goods like that. It was a little gritty which we expected but not nearly as bad as some I've had. Looks like Subway really is offering GF items - I don't know yet if the subs are GF around here or not but I'll let you know what we find.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
That's awesome! Every girl needs some chocolate once in awhile.

Subway is Emily's favorite restaurant. Normally, she hates sandwiches. I've even quite giving her bread, unless it's PBJ. At Subway, however, I have to buy her her own 6 inch and she loves their bread.

I hope the subs are GF for you, and you have a new place you can safely take Lily to eat.
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

MrsWhiteCastle replied to MrsWhiteCastle's response:
Duh, I wasn't thinking that it's milk Lily is allergic to.

Sorry for the dumb question, but does the bread at Subway contain milk?
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 replied to MrsWhiteCastle's response:
Not a dumb question - all but two types they serve have milk, last time I checked (which honestly was last spring). You also have to watch for it in lunch meat, believe it or not. But last time we were there Lily could get a turkey sub on wheat. With a bag of Lays, it counted as lunch out with mom lol. Now we can add a brownie to that, which is super exciting for us.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I have two young children, one with severe milk allergy, the other with peanut allergy. My DH is gluten-free. Want to come over for di...More

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.