Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Adding on another allergy for DS2
crunk05177 posted:
While at my brother in law's house this weekend, we discovered Nathan is also allergic to cats! They have 5! My sister in law's mother lives with them and keeps the house VERY clean. You honestly wouldn't even know they had cats....no smell, very minimal fur and they hide under the bed when company is there. Well the first night there, Nathan's eyes were swollen and had some hives but he wasn't itching so we just left it and he was fine in the morning (we slept at a hotel). The second night we went there, he was looking for the cats under the bed....picking up the dust ruffle and sticking his head under. Instantly, his eyes became itchy, swollen, bright red, and watery. Then his nose started going too! Washing his hands and face and a teaspoon of benadryl worked wonders thankfully!! What else can we add to his list of allergies? Peanuts, egg yolk, egg white, cats and.......to be continued

seeit2 responded:
Oh no! It does seem like a constantly changing list sometimes, doesn't it?

How is it going otherwise? Are you having any trouble controlling the food allergens? Did you have a good turkey day?

Deb
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
Oh, that's too bad. Allergies are no fun!

Hopefully he won't be allergic to any other animals with fur....
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Debbie and I have moderate/severe asthma. I also have allergies including food allergies that trigger my asthma. I am married to the most a...More

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.