Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Child allergic to lots of foods
Robnglo posted:
What do we do? We just learnednthat our 8yr old is allergic to corn,eggs,soy,peanuts,tomatoes,rice,cows milk,chocolate,bakers yeast,wheat...OMG evey label I read has these ingredients. Anyone have any suggestions?

seeit2 responded:
Did your allergist have any recommendations about how to go forward? Are there foods on this list that your child can eat, or does he/she have to strictly avoid all of them?

Deep breaths...this is the hardest part, surviving the shock and figuring out how to go forward...you've still got oatmeal and produce, fresh meat. Coconut and hemp milk are good substitutes when cow and soy are not an option (I believe hemp is very nutritious also)..So Delicious coconut yogurt is an alternative that is dairy and soy free. Sun Butter is a peanut butter alternative that may even be cheaper than peanut butter these days lol.

I would definitely recommend seeing a registered dietician to get some help as well...and stick around here, we can offer advice as well!
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Robnglo replied to seeit2's response:
Thank you. Hemp milk where can I find that?

The only foods she really needs to avoid are the soy, rice and tomatoes. The others are levels 3 and lower. I'm just afraid she will have this SEVERE allergic reaction and I won't be around. We start allery shots tomorrow and people have told me that her allergies will get worse before they get better so Im freaking out a bit,

MrsWhiteCastle replied to Robnglo's response:
Deb is right. You are in the hardest part right now trying to digest all this new information. It does get easier (not easy!) to handle, though.

At age 8, I'm guessing she is in school most of the time? It's so important to have good communication with the teacher and school nurse. Most schools have action plans to fill out in case of an allergic reaction, and have meds either with the nurse or in the classroom.

I can't help much with the food part (we only avoid tree nuts), but I might be able to help with the school part.

I'm glad that you found us on this board. Hopefully we can help. It makes it better when there are other parents you can talk to who really understand what you are going through. Welcome to the board!
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.