Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
MrsW: (OT) workout play list
seeit2 posted:
I took a long walk this weekend and actually listened to the lyrics in the songs I posted from my running playlist. I never really realized how raunchy some of those songs are. Please don't think I'm some kind of degenerate! I just go by the beat and background mostly - guess I should pay more attention, huh? Anyway, sorry about that.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

MrsWhiteCastle responded:
Don't worry about it. I didn't think anything of it.

How are things going for you?

Are you still running? I'm scared to try running on the treadmill. I'm so afraid I'm going to go flying off the thing! Plus, DH tells me to not run in front of the girls (or anyone else for that matter). He says I look too silly, and he doesn't want me teaching them any bad habits.
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 replied to MrsWhiteCastle's response:
I hope he's joking!

I run at the speed of molasses, but I am still doing it. I run about 3 miles every other day. I have to do it on the treadmill now because of the weather but I've found I kind of like it indoors anyway - I can blast my music and not worry about running into anything so it's easier to zone out and just enjoy it.

I was previously running outside of the Y - in circles around the soccer fields - while DS and sometimes DD were inside in the childcare center. I never realized how anxious it made me to be outside the building, so it's nice being even closer indoors. Just in case, you know? The other moms in my group made fun of me for being a worry wart until they learned how easy it is to kill my kids - then they let up. They even rearranged the course so I didn't have to be so far away.

How are you holding out?
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

MrsWhiteCastle replied to seeit2's response:
Yes, he's joking. But I will admit, even I think I look silly when I run.

That was nice of the other moms to rearrange the course for you.

I'm doing OK. We put FIL in hospice last week, and I have been doing better since then. I was helping take him to doctor appointments almost every day, and that was hard to make sure the girls were taken care of while I was gone. Right now, I'm enjoying the break of it. (I know that sounds TERRIBLE.) Fairly soon he will need round-the-clock care, so I'll be pretty busy again. I'm just trying to catch up on sleep, cleaning, and laundry while spending as much time with the girls as I can. I feel like it's the calm before the storm. KWIM?

Here is a question I would like an opinion on, though, if you don't mind. It will contain triggers, so I understand if you would rather not answer.

I'm trying to figure out how much and when to tell Emily what is going on. She will be 7 in March. So far, we have just said that the doctors are trying to make Grandpa feel better. Well, when it gets close to the end, I don't know if I should tell Emily that he will die soon (like within a couple of days) so she can say good-bye, or just let it happen. Do you think it's important to say good-bye, or is she too young to have that burden put on her?

And again, I understand if you don't want to answer.
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 replied to MrsWhiteCastle's response:
I don't know...it's a tough one. Are they very close? Has she experienced death before? Does she know how serious it is for him? Or does she think he'll get better soon? If she thinks he'll recover then it seems like a little warning about what's coming would be kind, don't you think? I don't know if goodbye is something she'll feel the need to say but perhaps you could offer her the opportunity, if you get the chance to- I know these things can turn quickly too.

These situations are so hard. I don't envy you. ANd you are not terrible for enjoying the break - it's an exhausting situation for everyone involved, I know. And the living still have to care for the living.

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.