Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hostess going under
seeit2 posted:
When I first heard that the Hostess company was in trouble I thought, oh well, no more Twinkies, we don't eat that stuff anyway..but DH pointed out that they make the bread we buy. The only bread I've been able to find that is both milk-and peanut - safe for my kids. I'm so bummed. I have to go back to the shelves and start reading again...but I don't hold out much hope. I guess I'll go back to making my own bread, in my copious free time. (Where is the emoticon with the tongue hanging out?)
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

crunk05177 responded:
Oh no! That stinks!!!! Everyone I know is going crazy on facebook about it! I haven't eaten that crap in years but the bread thing stinks! I hope you can find a new one that works for you.

As my father in law would say, buy a bunch of loaves and freeze them. He freezes EVERYTHING!!!! Extra cake at a birthday party? Freeze it! Extra chinese food left over? Freeze it! LOL!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I have two young children, one with severe milk allergy, the other with peanut allergy. My DH is gluten-free. Want to come over for di...More

Helpful Tips

Recipe: Vegan fruity oatmeal bars
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar * 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour * 1/4 tsp baking soda * 1/8 tsp salt * 1 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.