Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Good News and Bad News
crunk05177 posted:
We took Nathan to the allergist last month....I haven't been able to post on here for some reason....Here is what we discovered...

Cat Dander - 9.58
Dog Dander - 10.10
Egg White - 4.58
Egg yolk - 1.21
Pecan nut - .71
Walnut - 2.11

That's our bad news....Our good news is....

Peanuts went from 80.4 down to 25.4!!!

I don't really see how this is possible but I am guessing because the blood tests aren't exactly the most accurate....

seeit2 responded:
That is news! Lily's milk numbers have been up and down like a roller coaster, they told me that is common and it can spike before it goes down low enough to challenge...but like you said, who the heck knows anyway. Sorry about the other allergies, but I'm glad the peanut seems less severe!
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

crunk05177 replied to seeit2's response:
So you think I should expect it to go back up? The doc wants him back for a followup in 6 months rather than a year....I am assuming they will do repeat bloodwork then.

Does your allergist think Lily will ever grow out of her milk allergy?

seeit2 replied to crunk05177's response:
No, honestly, I have no idea what will happen. Don't lose faith! For all we know his numbers have spiked and now they are dropping for good...hopefully that;s why he wants you back sooner.

We were told she would outgrow it by age 4, but then her numbers went from 3.xx to 28.xx .... so now they say maybe by the time she's 10. I'm not holding my breath. At this point, we are really good at living with it and we are getting really good at teaching others to manage it, so we'll just keep going as we are.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle replied to crunk05177's response:
That's a huge drop in peanuts!

These numbers do crazy things, and you never know what to expect at the next appointment. Just take it one appointment at a time.

I want to caution you about expecting things to go one way or another. At Emily's last appointment, I was hoping that things were better, and it ended up being a big blow to me when they were worse.

I think Deb has the right approach -- focus on how well you are managing it right now and keep going on as you are.

(I hope I don't come off as being too negative....)
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

crunk05177 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Ok...I am going to keep my fingers crossed but still not get my hopes too high! I am really considering homeschooling or something if his allergies are still severe enough when he reaches highschool. I don't trust people.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.