Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
MrsW - checking in
seeit2 posted:
How are you doing with everything? Holding out ok?
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle responded:
Pretty well, actually. Thanks for asking.

DH went back to work yesterday, and his brother flew home. Today feels like the first day back to "normal."

I feel a bit guilty about being glad to be back to a normal routine. The girls are thrilled to have things back to normal. I know that FIL would be glad we are doing so well, though.

Now I just have to get back on track with my diet and exercise. No more lasagna and brownies from well-meaning friends!
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
I'm glad things are getting back to normal, and I understand the guilt...and the brownies! I have not had a loss in the family and I am still sucking down the comfort food these days.

Are the girls handling everything OK?
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle replied to seeit2's response:
The girls are doing pretty well. Elizabeth is young enough, I don't think it bothers her too much. She is being extra clingy to me, probably because I was gone so much.

Emily is still processing it. The other night I went to check on her before bed and she was still awake. She said she couldn't go to sleep because she was thinking about Grandpa. She keeps asking to go to visit him at his grave, too. I want some more time to pass, and the weather to get warmer before we do that.

It will be hard when they go over to MIL's house, and when she takes them to the zoo alone. All in all, though, I think they are doing pretty well.
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Dairy-free, Egg-free sugar cookies
From "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau 1-3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.