Skip to content
Deb
mrswhitecastle posted:
I saw on the other board that you put DS in preschool. (Cute "Mine, mine, mine!" story, btw.)

How are you doing with that?
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 responded:
Oh, man. That's a loaded question. On the food front I'm actually pretty OK with it, because this school is not only completely peanut-free but they prepare all of the food in-house and don't let anyone bring a single crumb through the doors. So if parents want to have a birthday party for their kids they pay a small fee to the center and the center makes appropriate treats and has a little party. I am still nervous, of course, because he is little and out of my control - but it really is the safest place on the planet I could put him allergy-wise.

On the mom front, I am a mess to be honest. I feel really guilty because he is so young and it's not like I need daycare, kwim? And while it's not my fault he does not speak I still feel like I failed him so I have to turn him over to someone else. It sucks. I picked him up yesterday and he was happy as a clam and had eaten really well and joined in with the group and played and seemed to really love the place, so that made me feel better..but I miss him. It's weird not having my little bubby attached to me.

Mommy guilt is such a powerful thing. Before I had kids I thought it was all just a ploy for attention, but we really do carry the world sometimes, don't we? Oh, and I have absolutely NO idea what to do with myself when both kids are gone...can't remember the last time I actually experienced any real solitude. So that will take some getting used to.

Are you sorry you asked? ;(
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle replied to seeit2's response:
Wow! That school sounds really, really good!

It probably won't help, but I'll tell you anyway -- Don't feel guilty! You didn't fail him!

Mommy guilt is the worst. I still go back and forth on whether I enjoy them both being in school or not. When Elizabeth is in school, I try to do things she doesn't like or wouldn't be with me anyway -- like the gym or grocery shopping. I tell myself that way I can enjoy more time with her when she is home, and do things she likes. It helps me feel less guilty.
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.