Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
One Proud Momma!
mrswhitecastle posted:
I let Emily buy lunch at school. It's something I've thought a lot about, but decided it was worth the risk.

Today, they served a brownie with her lunch. Emily asked the lunch lady if it was OK for her to eat. It turns out it was not ("it came from a nut factory," as Emily put it). She went to the nut free table, and the lunch lady then checked the other kids' lunches there.

I am so proud of Emily for being so responsible. (And yes, I'm beating myself up about the things that could have gone wrong.) But, mostly, very proud of my girl!
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

crunk05177 responded:
Good for her!! It must be wonderful that she can protect herself (to a point). As worried as you were, it turned out well. And good for you for getting to the point of allowing her to buy lunch!

seeit2 responded:
That's great, MrsW...she is taking more responsibility, scary as it is to let her! And she did a great job!
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I have two young children, one with severe milk allergy, the other with peanut allergy. My DH is gluten-free. Want to come over for di...More

Helpful Tips

Dairy-free, Egg-free sugar cookies
From "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau 1-3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.