Skip to content
Super Bowl parties?
seeit2 posted:
So how about it, you guys? Anyone going to or having a Super Bowl party? Do you worry about the food?

I used to love eating junk and watching the game...so I went shopping looking for something fun we could eat on the couch while it was on. I have to admit, I really got nostalgic for the days when I could pick up the phone and order a pizza without feeling like a bad mom. Chips and queso dip, pizza, mozzarella sticks, nacho cheese Doritos....all yummy junky football food, off limits. Such a bummer. It used to be so easy.

So, Sunday DH and I are eating frozen pizza (yuck) or if we can figure out the timing ordering one, and the kids get AF pizzas made on flour tortillas. (We call the quesapizzas, because they usually prefer chicken and soy cheese on an open tortilla - like an open-faced quesadilla). We hardly ever eat cheesy things like pizza anymore because it seems kinda rude to DD but she'll probably let it slide.

I'd love to hear what you guys are eating. Debbie - are you a fan? Going anywhere to watch?
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

crunk05177 responded:
Thankfully we are not doing anything. I don't like football and either does my husband. My BFF usually throws a little thing on that day but she is the only one who actually watches the game. This year her birthday falls on Sunday so she didn't want to do it.

However, we are going to Friendly's with a whole bunch of people for her Saturday night. Lots of kids so it's the most kid friendly place. I am going to have to be so careful and warn the waiters to bring out his food separately....when we go as a family we don't worry TOO much about cross contamination bc we wouldn't order PB or anything BUT I can't stop other people from ordering it.

mrswhitecastle responded:
Dairy would be really hard for me to avoid. I LOVE cheese, and would miss that a lot.

We were all going over to my Mom's house. She and I would have prepared everything, so no worries about nuts there.

However, Emily still is running a high fever. She was still at 103 today, so we took her to the pedi. She has the flu. So, no Super Bowl party for her and me.
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
aw, bummer. Sorry she is not feeling well. As for the cheese..I tend to eat it when DD is not around, like an alcoholic sneaking a drink lol. But I eat a lot less than I used to, that's for sure.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I have two young children, one with severe milk allergy, the other with peanut allergy. My DH is gluten-free. Want to come over for di...More

Helpful Tips

Dairy-free, Egg-free sugar cookies
From "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau 1-3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.