Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Allergy Appt Time
mrswhitecastle posted:
Well, I can tell it's time to make an appointment with the allergist. Emily's cough is getting worse again. Something really seems to get her in the Spring and Fall. We have had such a mild Winter, I guess the Spring allergies are starting a few weeks early.

I hate having her on medicine every day, and I know she is needs more. I just hate thinking about any side effects these meds could be having. I know -- wah, wah, wah. It's better than the alternative. And, at least I know she won't have to be skin tested!!!
Emily (6 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (4)

seeit2 responded:
It has been a bad winter for environmental allergies, that's for sure. I'm sorry to hear she's having trouble. My DS also clearly has bad env allergies like I do but everyone around me seems to be in denial about it - DH especially just doesn't want to hear it. I don't know how long the kids is supposed to go without a good night's sleep before he admits we should try some sort of med. I don't push it hard though because I'm like you - don't want to keep the little guy on meds and worry about side effects. But coughing all night is not exactly healthy either...

Sorry I haven't been around much, things are just nutty right now.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

deluxehd replied to seeit2's response:
Hello,

Wanted to pass on some information. I also try to stay away from medications and recently my allergies/sinuses have caused congestion, sore throat and raspy voice. My doctor gave me Hell Allergy Homeopathic Medication and it has worked great. It can be given to children and adults. I did see it at my local Wegmans in the health food section. Maybe it is something you could check into and check with your dr.

Hope everyone is doing better.
Debbie
Adult with food allergies and asthma.

Helpful Tips

Recipe: Vegan fruity oatmeal bars
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar * 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour * 1/4 tsp baking soda * 1/8 tsp salt * 1 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.