Skip to content
ELISA blood test
deluxehd posted:
I don't know how many of you have heard of or had it done but I recently had the ELISA blood test done.

I chose the Professional's Choice Comprehensive Plus Testing. It tested: 234 foods, 60 enviromental chemicals, 28 molds, 45 additives/preservatives, 20 F, D & C color additives and 14 toxic minerals/metals.

The test was very beneficial to us and helped us to understand why I can't eat so many foods. Also left us a little overwhelmed with how crazy do you get eliminating things and changing your life. I obviously elminated any foods that trigger my asthma, but other things are tough. The other challenge is that my reaction may be delayed by hours or days. In the past my reactions were within an hour.

Bad thing is the lab that processes the test does not accept insurance, so it is out of pocket. I have submitted a bill to my insurance but haven't heard anything yet.

Hopefully this information may help one of you.
Debbie
Adult with food allergies and asthma.

seeit2 responded:
Debbie, I'm glad you continue to check in. I have heard briefly of this test but had no idea it was so comprehensive. Do you know which things cause the delayed reaction? That must be so hard to deal with!
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

deluxehd replied to seeit2's response:
Hi Deb,
Glad to hear from you. No, I don't know. I go back to the dr on monday and have a list of questions for him, including how to recognize a delayed reaction. Our home is already very safe for me and I pretty much have the same routine, so if I have a reaction I can kinda pick out something different. I also have a consistant diet. I keep a daily diary of things I do, symptoms I may have, etc.

If anyone has a latex allergy and could provide me with information, I would be very appreciative.

Tkae care.
Debbie

crunk05177 replied to deluxehd's response:
Ok stupid question but how do you go about getting this test done at a lab without a doctor writing you a script for it?

I am wondering for myself. I have been told by one doc that my hives are caused by stress and another told me I am allergic to myself and to zyrtec daily. These diagnosis's were made without any testing to rule out possible allergies.

I did see a rheumotologist who ran a bunch of basic autoimmune tests which all came back negative.

deluxehd replied to crunk05177's response:
ELISA/ACT Biotechnologies LLC.
www.ELISAACT.com
800-553-5472
They are based in Virginia, but check out their website or give them a call.
Good luck.

An_257905 replied to crunk05177's response:
Hi,
The lab (ElisaAct.com) requires you do the test through a health provider since it requires a requisition for a blood draw.

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.