Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
VA passes Epi law - will be stocked in schools
seeit2 posted:
Remember that poor girl who died from eating a peanut on the playground in VA last year? The governor there signed a law last month allocating $200K to schools to stock epi and set up plans to use it for students experiencing anaphylaxis. Apparent;y a few states already have it on the books :

http://www.forbes.com/sites/work-in-progress/2012/04/27/virginia-enacts-stock-epinephrine-law-to-help-protect-students-with-allergies/
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle responded:
Very interesting. It lists Missouri as one of the states that already has the law. I'm going to have to look into that, because I'm 99% sure that our school doesn't stock it. I guess they could have adopted it in the last few months.

It's so sad, though, that it takes a child's death to get change.
Emily (7 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (5)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Dairy-free, Egg-free sugar cookies
From "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau 1-3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.