Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Crunk - Allergy Apts
mrswhitecastle posted:
I saw on the other board that you have allergist appointments coming up this month. Are they going to re-test?

Are you excited for the appointment, or totally dreading it?
Emily (7 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (5)

crunk05177 responded:
I am not 100% sure what they are going to do. At our last appt which was already 6 months ago, I am guessing you remember, his numbers for peanuts went down dramatically. I am assuming they will retest to see where they are now, maybe one or both of the previous tests weren't true. He said he usually would see him back in a year but bc of the change it is 6 months. The appt is the 11th....I am very excited for the appt. Either way, it is still severe so either way there isn't much room for disappointment.

Thank you for asking and I will keep you posted!

mrswhitecastle replied to crunk05177's response:
We'll be thinking of you today! I hope the appointment goes smoothly. Let us know.
Emily (7 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (5)

crunk05177 responded:
Thanks for thinking of us!

We are going to challenge baked eggs on Thursday! Woohoo!!

And Peanuts went back up to 29. They started at 84, went down to 24 a year later and this is why we went back after only 6 months. He wanted to see what the peanuts were going to do. It is good news since it didn't go as high as 80 something again but bad news because it didn't get any lower. He said kids have a 30% chance of growing out of it and since he is only 2 1/2 he doesn't want to rule it out yet.

He also said he would probably be fine eating tree nuts but with a kid so young, it is better to just teach them not to eat nuts at all.....

I will keep you posted with the challenge!

seeit2 replied to crunk05177's response:
Yay to a baked egg challenge! Do let us know how it goes, ok?
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.