Skip to content
Checking in and exciting news
seeit2 posted:
Hey guys. Now that I am a working mommy I have been totally swamped, sorry I have not been around much. DH might get a new gig that will take him to Long Island for 6 months of work, so I'll have to quit the daycare job and go back to the SAHM job, which I really have some mixed feelings about...but we will see. As it stands now, I work straight through from 7-3:00, then go to the park and have a run, come home and shower, make dinner, put the kids to bed, spend a little time with DH and then pass out. So life will definitely change if I stay home again.

Lily's school principal called and asked me to serve on a committee with her and the school district's attorney (and others I'm sure) to write the allergy policy for the district going forward. So I'm looking forward to that, Lord knows I have opinions about the topic and someone is actually asking to hear them which is a miracle.

Hope you guys are doing well and enjoying the summer heat! I have found that running is OK in 90* weather, but over that it is tooooo hard. So I will probably have to take up an indoor activity soon.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle responded:
I had been wondering about you. I'm glad to hear that you have just been busy.

That sounds pretty neat to be on the committee that writes the allergy policy. I hope it goes well for you.
Emily (7 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (5)

crunk05177 responded:
That sounds very exciting! I would die to be a stay at home lol. Well be one and still be able to afford everything. Or maybe get rid of my husband for 9 months....hmmmm....lol sorry! Thinking aloud!! I am glad things are going well and hope things go well in the future!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Debbie and I have moderate/severe asthma. I also have allergies including food allergies that trigger my asthma. I am married to the most a...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.