Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
He passed!!!!
crunk05177 posted:
The test almost didn't happen when Nathan refused to take the spoonful of cupcake. I bribed him with pizza for dinner, he still wouldn't, we go home and he cries for the cupcake. I drove right back and he cooperated....and got pizza for dinner lol.

Anyway....we were given the ok to slowly reintroduce baked egg products. The doctor said no homemade pancakes, waffles, french toast, etc but this means no more sprite cupcakes!!

I am praying within a few years we will be able to have this conversation about peanuts and hopefully your kids will be able to eat whatever they are allergic to.....

mrswhitecastle responded:
Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

You must be so excited!!!! That's great news about the baked egg. I can only imagine how many more choices that will give him on the foods he eats.

I hadn't thought about how difficult it would be for a child to trust enough to eat something that's been drilled into their head for so long not to.

Honestly, and I know I complain a lot, but I can handle the tree nut thing. I would think that egg, dairy, and soy would be SSSOOO much harder to avoid.

It's a good day on the Food Allergies Families board!!!!!!
Emily (7 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (5)

seeit2 responded:
Yay! That is great news!
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

crunk05177 responded:
Thanks guys! I have to admit, eggs really aren't that bad....maybe I am just not that anal about them bc I know they wouldn't kill him like peanuts would (god forbid). But honestly we have gotten so used to eating without eggs that he hasn't had anything since the challenge. I went food shopping and bought chicken to make chicken cutlets that I will bread with eggs and also brownie mix to make.

I do feel bad though, he keeps walking around saying, "I big boy now! I eat eggs!" And the other day he took a raw egg out of our fridge and tried to bite it. When I told him he can't do that, he said "But I can eat eggs now!" It was definitely very cute.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.