Skip to content
Allergy Appt Today
mrswhitecastle posted:
Emily has her allergist appointment this afternoon. She is so excited since there won't be any tests. I'm not expecting anything to really change today. And, I know I won't go to that "dark place" after today's appointment (like I did last time).

Looks like there has been lots of activity on the board. I'll have to check up on posts later today.
Emily (7 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (5)

crunk05177 responded:
I hope everything goes well at the appt. What is it about? Just to talk and update?

mrswhitecastle replied to crunk05177's response:
I needed new EpiPens since they will expire in a few months. I also needed to get all of her school paperwork completed.

Things are just status quo in regards to the tree nuts. Now we are focusing more on her seasonal allergies, which are getting worse. We are to up her Zyrtec starting August 1. Hopefully that will give us a jump on the Fall allergies. The allergist wants to see her in 3-4 months to see how she is coping. If the increased dose of Zyrtec doesn't do enough, we are looking at allergy shots.

Looks like I need to start researching allergy shots. Both the allergist and I think they are in her future. Does anyone know anything about them? Or a good place for me to start looking for info?
Emily (7 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (5)

sarah0323 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
I get allergy shots for myself. It is a time commitment. I go in every week to get a shot. I have been taking them for a year now. I'm allergic to just about everything environmental wise. I'm still taking Zyrtec everyday. I can't say that my symptoms have gotten better but at this point they havent' gotten anyworse. Though I haven't had an asthma attack in about 6 months so I'm thankful for that.

I attached the link for the American Acadamey of Asthma, Allergy and Immunlogy.

http://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/at-a-glance/allergy-shots.aspx

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Debbie and I have moderate/severe asthma. I also have allergies including food allergies that trigger my asthma. I am married to the most a...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.