Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Blood draw today
seeit2 posted:
I hate getting DDs blood drawn. She did a great job (she should after all these years) and I took her to Subway for lunch afterward which constitutes a fancy meal out for our family, so all is well. Her appt is the first week of August, we'll see what her numbers are like and get the school paperwork filled out and all that fun stuff...I don't expect any major change. I'm just glad it's out of the way for another year.

How is summer treating everybody?
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

crunk05177 responded:
I feel like the blood draw is so traumatizing! Well probably moreso to me than to the child. At least at Nathan's age, he doesn't know what is going on and gets over it almost instantly. I am dreading it more and more as he gets older. But, getting your blood drawn will be the least of their worries as they get older right?

So how did it go? I am sure by now you have the results!

So far the summer is good....crazy hot but good!! How about yours?

seeit2 replied to crunk05177's response:
Her allergist is out of town until next week so I supposedly can't get the numbers till then. Like I wouldn't know what they mean..but anyway, otherwise things are pretty quiet here. Definitely hot! Trying to clean out some stuff before DH leaves town and just get some stuff done around the house. Pretty boring actually!
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

crunk05177 replied to seeit2's response:
That's annoying! I have no patience when it comes to the results haha! Glad things are going well by you! Your husband is coming to my neck of the woods right? (Long island?)

mrswhitecastle responded:
Subway is Emily's favorite spot, too! That's where we would take her after tests at the hospital.

Ugh. It's hard to wait for test results.

I don't want it to be Fall because the girls go back to school. But, I am so fed up with this 100 heat!
Emily (7 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (5)

crunk05177 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Yes! This heat has been brutal!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I have two young children, one with severe milk allergy, the other with peanut allergy. My DH is gluten-free. Want to come over for di...More

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.