Skip to content
Changes at school
seeit2 posted:
THe school nurse (the one Lily called "my allergist" for three months) found out for me who LIly's new teacher would be and had her get in touch so we could sit down and go over allergy procedures with her. Today I called the teacher and found out she has been moved form first grade to second and that Nurse Heidi has been moved to another school altogether. So I'm freaking out. I called and left a message with the principal saying I needed a little reassurance and to touch base with her about the situation for the new school year - I know she'll call or have someone call eventually, but the new year starts Monday.
We have Meet the Teacher night on Thursday but I can't take 20 minutes to talk to her then about everything which would leave me Friday, unless someone gets back to me sooner...honestly, if I don't hear anything by Wednesday afternoon I'll probably walk up there and park myself until someone can talk to me. Thank goodness I have a good relationship with the principal, otherwise I'd probably be there already. Can I just say, I HATE this time of year!
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

crunk05177 responded:
Oh man! Keep us posted. I hope you get to speak to someone within the next 2 days

mrswhitecastle responded:
Have you heard anything yet? Let us know how it goes.
Emily (7 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (5)

seeit2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Nurse Heidi called me yesterday, teary, to tell me she had been moved to a new school and give me the new teacher's name. She is training her replacement and today is her last day at our school so she arranged a meeting for me with herself, the new nurse, the principal, and Lily's new teacher. She is so great, we are really going to miss that woman.

In the meantime, the art teacher, who is a friend of mine (her daughter was Lily's lunch buddy last year and they've had some playdates) has apparently talked to DD's new teacher about things and from the sounds of it scared her to death about how hard Lily is to manage. She admits to really laying it out and lecturing her about how diligent she needs to be. I think this is a little over the top but I know she did it because she loves Lily and is just as anxious about everything as I am - but this meeting should be interesting. My art teacher friend reassured me that Lily has a lot of people looking out for her at the school and things should be just fine, so I'm not nearly as anxious as I was a few days ago.

Tonight is meet the teacher night and these folks are taking time out today to meet with me - I think that is really awesome of them. I'll let you know how it goes.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

crunk05177 replied to seeit2's response:
Awesome! So happy for you and it sounds like everything will work out. Let us know how the meeting goes please! Good luck!

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.