Skip to content
soy intolerance and weight loss
Anon_146410 posted:
Hello! Not quite sure I am in the right spot to post. I have a food intolerance, that I sort of diagnosed myself. I was losing weight and having issues with alot of foods. Studied the ingredients and am pretty sure it was all soy related foods. ANY soy that is, is bad for my stomach, I mean BAD!!!! I totally cut it out of my diet. However, I didn't need a diet, I have always been thin. I was at my highest weight and didn't need to lose any, but I did and all of a sudden it was like 20 pounds!!! I have tried to eat high calorie foods, but am a step mom who runs my stepdaughter all over the place, I help my husband with his business, and you know, I don't get to take care of myself after all this! So, it's hard to keep up with that. I looked into drinking ensure, but they have soy. I finally found some dry mix that is soy free. The calorie count isn't as high per serving as the drinkable nutritional stuff that is out there, but I could try mixing it with other stuff to add to the calories. I just wasn't sure if this was the way to go and I know I should go to the dr for their input....but again, it's hard to get myself there with everyone else's appointments!

Any suggestions. It's hard to gain weight, something I tried to do forever, finally it came to me naturally so now I am stumped. I would love to gain at least half of it back, but it's hard!!!

Thanks for any tips!!!

seeit2 responded:
I would definitely consult your doctor, or a registered dietician for help in doing that in a healthy way.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I have two young children, one with severe milk allergy, the other with peanut allergy. My DH is gluten-free. Want to come over for di...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.