Skip to content
We changed up the health plan
seeit2 posted:
DH and I walked up to school this morning and had lunch with DD. We got a good eyeball view of the setup in the cafeteria and what her classmates are like. Those tables are really big. We decided to forgo the "rule" on her health plan that she has to have an empty seat between herself and the next kid. Those guys are not slobbering all over each other like the Kindergardeners were, so we think she'll be OK. She was really excited to hear that - I imagine she's had to sit and scream at the kids closest to her just to be heard in that zoo.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle responded:
You guys are brave entering the cafeteria during lunch time. I can only imagine the noise level. Lily probably loved having you there, though!

Glad that things are looking so good that she can sit next to others now.
Emily (7 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (5)

crunk05177 responded:
Good for you! And good for Lily! I hope it works out!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Debbie and I have moderate/severe asthma. I also have allergies including food allergies that trigger my asthma. I am married to the most a...More

Helpful Tips

Dairy-free, Egg-free sugar cookies
From "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau 1-3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.