Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nursery School on Tuesday
crunk05177 posted:
I decided to sign Nathan up for Nursery school. He will be going on Tuesday and Thursdays for 2 1/2 hours each day. I think it will be a good stepping stone (for me). The epi pen stays in the room and the teacher has been trained how to use it. Plus the nurse's office is right across the hall. I am confident he will be ok but am also melting inside. There is another severe peanut allergy in the room. I was told they would definitely be sitting next to each other for snack. Wish us luck!

mrswhitecastle responded:
Deep breaths Momma! You can do this. And Nathan will have a blast.
Emily (7 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (5)

seeit2 responded:
That's great! It is a hard step, I know - and like MrsW said, I bet he'll have a blast.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle responded:
Let us know how the first day goes -- for both of you!

crunk05177 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
We got there a little early so we sat in the car for a good 5 minutes before we got out. While sitting, I see a mom take her kid out of the van holding a box of dunkin donuts munchkins. I am glad I had time for my nerves to settle before walking in. I politely told the teacher that they were not peanut free and to please just make sure he was not sitting near anyone eating them. I walked out into the hallway, shed a tear or two and then told the secretary I was nervous and she went back into the classroom to remind the teacher. It all turned out ok but it is still the what ifs that bother me. Other than that, it went well. He was super excited to go. He wound up crying a little once we left and didn't participate much but that's ok. And they keep hitting me up for extra money that I didn't expect ($75 activity fee, $40 classroom fee, $100 mandatory raffle fee, etc...).

mrswhitecastle replied to crunk05177's response:
Good job to both of you!

Did you get some good kid-free time for yourself?

seeit2 replied to crunk05177's response:
Great job! The what-ifs will drive you nuts, but after a few successful days it will get easier. THe extra fees are not cool though - I hope they do not add up to too much.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

crunk05177 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Well I had both kids home that day because of the Jewish holiday so me and DS1 strolled around the mall while we waited. Unfortunately I work full time so on a normal day, my father in law will take him. They actually sent home a 4 page list of peanut and tree nut safe foods. I was impressed and will definitely save it for future classrooms if needed. My father in law also brought in a package of cookies as his special treat just in case someone does bring in a treat he can't eat.

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.